Are you among the professionals whose preferred yearly give-aways are Fridge Magnetic Calendars? That’s a clever choice, as your business card is likely to be seen by your prospects every single day of the coming year.
But there is more to it. Tear-off calendars speak loads about your business, your expertise, and how much consideration you show to your clients.
So which style of calendars should you pick?
As a printer, I’ve been in the calendar business for more than 20 years. I’ve seen it’s natural for a real estate professional to choose the Home Staging Tips, travel agents Canada’s Hidden Gems. Using the same logic, those in the catering and food industry choose Seasonal Recipes.
But what about your client’s expectations and interests? What would they be keener to stick on their refrigerator for a whole year without getting bored?
Of course, striking, beautiful pictures, with useful contents. But what calendar theme works best?
Let me share one of the experiments we did last year at Chromograf Printing.
A dry cleaning company wasn’t sure which of these small magnetic calendars themes to order. It was a small walk-in business, so the plan was to give away the calendars directly to walk-in clients.
We decided to display the calendars on a tray and let customers pick the one they like. That year, we had six different themes. The owner ordered 100 calendars of each to start with.
Interestingly, when customers were given the choice of which calendar to choose, the result was very clear, as shown in the graph below:
After two weeks, the owner was out of Recipes magnet calendars. So he ordered 400 more of them. After four more weeks, he was again out of the Recipes style and ordered 600 more. The runner-up was the Funny Quotes calendar style.
This experiment shows that a give-away marketing push is not about you; it’s about them. So how well do you know your clientele?
Why not grab the phone, call a dozen of your clients and ask them: “Hey, I am planning to send out calendars this year. Of course you are on the top of my list. I'm trying to choose a style that the majority would like. What would you like more out of these three styles?”
To summarize, here are the five aspects to consider when choosing a style of magnetic fridge calendar for business cards.
1. Remember your business priority. Did you just enter the market? Or do you have a long-standing relationship with your clientele? Style selection may be viewed from your perspective as a business person, or from your customer’s perspective as an individual, not necessarily as a buyer.
2. Show you’re an expert. If you’re a new comer to the market, you’re likely to want to convey the message that you know your business.
3. Rekindle excitement. For well established real estate brokers and other professionals, you might seek to rekindle your customers’ excitement about your business.
4. Focus on their interests. What’s the best present to give to someone we hardly know? Coffee-table books and recipe books have proven to do the job. Yearly give-away magnetic calendars fall into that category. Think of what your clients would appreciate most. Savoury cooking ideas? Dreaming of their next travel destination?
5. Add a personal touch. As a professional, you know that building rapport is key. Adding a Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas note with a short message or your signature can go a long way to personalize your gift.
I hope these tips helps you take a decision. If you’re still not decided… just try all styles, add a greetings note, and collect feed-back. Next year, you’ll know better!
Would you like to get free samples of our calendars ?
We'll gladly send you the samples of your choice for free. Simply specify how many of which calendar styles you would like among the following:
Seasonal Recipes fridge magnet calendar;
Home Staging Tips and Ideas fridge magnet calendar;
Canada Gems fridge magnet calendar.